Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Bit by bit

 I really need to step up the progress on the side projects so I can lay some paint down on the corolla before winter hits, hoping to have the motor in and the car rolling by then. I have about 2 months left to finish the Camry and work out any remaining bugs, fix the Mercury and why the TCC isn't getting power, prob another wiring deal in that area, and finish the shave, paint, and motor install on the 86. A lot to do in a short amount of time but the blows of day to day life end up taking a tole and you end up not wanting to do anything at all. As much as it might seem, fixing stuff I don't really enjoy as much and the bay shave has taken me from being excited to do the beams swap to not wanting anything to do with the car, among other reasons. Didn't want to do anything today, but I manged to muster up some motivation to clean up the fuel rail on the Camry so that it's ready to reassemble. Maybe its not wanting to half-ass stuff anymore, but I could have just slapped all this back on without cleaning any of it but I guess if I just couldnt help myself. Thinking I may actually enjoy this car so I'd like to think I could make it halfway decent with some effort. Some motivation and progress soon.

 


 This might give you a little idea as to how filthy the intake manifold was, this was taken after I had already started on it. The final product its a show quality finish or anything but it'll work and good enough for me, much better than before. Now a guy can at least assemble everything without having to get super slimy.




No comments:

Post a Comment