Sunday, August 15, 2021

Parts Haul

There is no way around it, there is a lot of work aswell as a lot of necesarry parts to make this swap happen and without issues on top of that. Been slowly knocking things off the list that are needed to get the motor in the car after the bay is painted.

Since the OEM engine mounts were tired and abused, I decided to order some Cusco replacements as they are more rigid which hopefully can handle the little extra weight of the Beams aswell as being 2-3mm shorter to allow more clearance for the hood to close. Next I had to think about what I wanted in a clutch setup. I was okay with leaving the stock dual mass flywheel and clutch setup but after further inspection the clutch was nearly gone and the flywheel wouldnt have been much behind I think. 

 For the right balance of streetability, cost, and availabilty I decided to go with a Exedy "Stage 1" Organic race clutch which should be plenty at stock power levels and mated that to a lightwight Toda Racing flywheel.


 

 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment