Monday, August 30, 2021

Half Mil' Camry PT 2

 Finally got my gaskets and everything together to put the new head on and see if the effort fixing this was worth it...so far this is what I have into it.

 

Reman Cylinder Head w/Camshafts and Valves

Felpro Intake Manifold Gasket

Felpro Exhaust Manifold Gasket

Felpro Head Gasket

Felpro Throttle Body Gasket

Mahle Exhaust Converter Gasket

Felpro Head Bolts w/ Washers

Bosch Cap and Rotor

Victor Valve Cover Gasket

Victor Cam Cover Seal

Victor Fuel Injector Seal

Spectre Ignition Coil

Wagner Ceramic Pads w/ Hardware

NGK Spark Plug Wires

ITM Engine Torque Mount

NGK Spark Plugs

 

 

 
I call it the shit-box starter pack, the typical essentials when buying a P.O.S.
 

 


So far going together really nice, definitely looking out of place, all the new surrounding the old...
 
 

 
Its a shame I didn't snap a before picture of this before regrettably cleaning, each runner front and back was covered with I swear an inch of dirt, oil, and grime. Figured I might as well clean up each part I took off before I put it back on.

The valve cover was pretty gross with rat nasty-ness as well as typical dirt, grease, and oil. Took a quick before pic, not as bad as the intake manifold tho once you see the fuel rail you'll have an idea how dirty it really was.



Still have a bit left to do on it to do the first start and heat cycle. With the 86 in the garage and this infront of it outside, I was running out of sun light as I started this late afternoon. The head is fully on and torqued, now its just getting the timing belt back on, belts, alternator, distributor, exhaust and intake manifold, quick oil change and see how it does.




No comments:

Post a Comment